Flights of Imagination
See map figure 3-1 on page 3-7 of 2020-2024 Parks & Recreation Plan
Photos Coming Soon
Railway Museum Depot
Times & Schedule
Open 1st Monday of July Through September
|10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
|1p.m. – 3 p.m.
|11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
|2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
The Lincoln Depot is the last remaining depot of its kind in northeastern Michigan
- It is a reminder of Michigan’s former dependence on the railroads throughout the state.
- The wood structure has been standing since the 1880’s’.
- Originally called the West Harrisville Depot) was built in 1886 by the Detroit, Bay City and Alpena Railroad.
- The Depot was taken over by the Detroit and Mackinaw Railroad in 1895 and renovated in 1913.
- Service ceased in 1927.
- From 1930 to 1996 the building served as a private residence.
- Citizens saved the depot from demolition in 1997.
- The Depot is located on Lake Street in Lincoln and served the community and the surrounding area until 1929.
- First rail service to this area passed through Lincoln from the south and continued north through Ossineke to Alpena.
- Has been a private residence since about 1930 and is now owned by the Lincoln downtown Development Authority.
- In December of 1998, the Lincoln Depot was officially recognized as a Michigan Historic Site.
- January 6, 1999, the Friends of Lincoln Depot became affiliated with the Alcona Historical Society.
- The building is structurally sound, and its restoration and use as a museum and historical site would broaden the range of historical attractions available in the local area.
Several dedicated ladies continue to meet at the Lincoln Depot to work on this year’s quilt for our annual Quilt Raffle.
Alcona County Quilt Trail
Currently there are 28 sites throughout Alcona County which mount a QUILT BLOCK on their building and/or property.
The project was funded entirely by private donations and grants.
The Alcona County Quilt Trail project consists of large wooden quilt blocks, which are mounted on barns or other structures or sites of interest within AlconaCounty.
Designs are chosen to represent the history of the site, or the people who live there.
The Village of Lincoln has sponsored two wooden quilt blocks:
#12 Lincoln Train Depot: “At the Depot”
Our quilt trail mount is located on the west side of the Depot building facing Lake Street. The Depot is on the northeast corner of Lake and Fiske Streets, downtown Lincoln.
#13 Flights of Imagination Park: “Child’s Play”
Our quilt trail mount is at playground located north of Marshall Street in Lincoln.
The Lincoln Library located at 330 Traverse Bay Street in Lincoln is a branch of the Alcona County Library.
The library is open Mondays thru Thursdays from Noon to 6 p.m. and on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It has five public access computers and wireless internet access.
It also has one child computer that offers an array of educational games for youngsters.
The Lincoln Library also has various clubs including Book Clubs and a Digital Camera Photography Club.
117 W. Fiske St.
Lincoln, MI 48742
(989.736.8713) NON EMERGENCY
The caring volunteer members of the Village of Lincoln Fire Department are a most congenial group who are efficient and knowledgeable in all aspects of fire extinguishing and emergency rescue. Men who lay their lives on the line for the safety of others.
Below you see some of the equipment they use to extract water from Brownlee Lake to be put in a portable dump tank that can be used to refill several fire trucks as the need arises. You will also see a slide that demonstrates how high the water can project out of the hoses.